In order for CSA to continue to provide essential services to our community, we are grateful for any support you can provide! To donate to our COVID-19 Emergency Assistance Fund, please use the button below. For volunteer opportunities, please see our volunteering page with the button below.
"We are experiencing an unprecedented situation. With the help of our caring community members, CSA will continue to be a safety net for those in need. I urge everyone to continue to reach out to CSA if you need help or are willing and able to contribute. Together, we can get through this."
Tom Myers, Executive Director
Donate to CSA
Food Pantry Donations
We are always grateful for food donations which help us feed a growing number of people looking to CSA for their nutritional needs. While CSA normally emphasizes access to fresh fruits and vegetables for clients, in this unique situation, donations of non-perishable packaged items only are requested (i.e., canned or boxed food) during this unique time.
Donations may be dropped off at our main lobby area, Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 12:00pm or 1:30pm to 4:00pm. For large donations, please call our offices at (650) 968-0836 to arrange for a drop-off time. All persons are asked to wear a proper facial covering or mask at the time of drop-off.
The most needed items are:
- Pop-top cans of prepared soups or bone broth
- Pop-top cans of prepared meals such as chili, Chef-Boy-ardee and Campbell’s
- Pop-top cans of protein such as tuna, chicken and salmon
- Low sodium/no salt canned vegetables and canned fruits in juice
- Low sodium canned beans such as black beans, pinto beans and kidney beans
- Low sodium/no salt canned tomato products (diced or sauce)
- 16-ounce packages of whole grains pasta and rice
- 14- to 18-ounce packages of whole grain cereals with low or no sugar
Current CSA Service Updates - April 12, 2021
We continue to monitor the situation and will respond accordingly. Please keep in mind that our services may change on a day to day basis, possibly by the hour. If there are any questions or concerns, please call our mainline at 650.968.0836 and leave a voicemail. Please follow our Facebook page for the latest information. Thank you.
Homeless Services Drop-In Hours
- CSA case managers will now be providing drop-in hours every TUESDAY and THURSDAY during office hours.
- During drop-in hours, you can:
- ask your case manager a quick question
- get a shelter or safe parking referral
- obtain a hygiene kit
- submit paperwork
- If you need to speak with someone for longer than 15 minutes, please contact your case manager to schedule an appointment.
Unhoused Support Group is Back - Virtually for Now
If you are interested in attending the weekly unhoused support group, we are meeting every Wednesday, beginning at 4:00PM.
Please use this link to join us: https://meet.google.com/ouc-xgvu-vnb
Please contact Janice Bonello if you have any questions or have difficulty accessing the meeting. You can reach her at (650) 530-3120 or [email protected]
If you need COVID-19 Rent Relief (for Renters and Landlords)
If you want your school-age child(ren) to participate in our back to school event
If you need to sign up for services or speak to a case manager
- Our lobby is temporarily closed.
- We are conducting appointments via phone.
- We are receiving a high volume of calls right now, so please leave a message and we will get back to you.
If you are in need of rental or utility assistance
Information about the City of Mountain View's Moratorium for Eviction
If you are unhoused, experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or are at high-risk
Call the Santa Clara County Emergency Hotline at (408) 278-6420 to see if you qualify for shelter-in-place resources. The County is receiving a high call volume so please be patient.
- Our school food pantries are currently closed.
- Our onsite food pantry is open as follows:
Tuesday: 2 PM – 4 PM
Thursday: 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM
Friday: 1:30 PM – 3:30 PM
- Clients are required to wear a face covering or mask when picking up food
- If unable to leave the house and food assistance is needed, please call Second Harvest of Silicon Valley at 1-800-984-3663 weekdays, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Senior Nutrition Program at the Senior Center
- Curbside Lunch Distribution for Seniors 60+ is available from 11:30 AM – 12:15 PM, Monday – Friday
- Case management is available over the phone.
- Case managers are dropping off food at the homes of senior clients.
- Please contact Eonis at 650.669.9551 for an immigration referral.
- If there are other urgent immigration needs, please call the Rapid Response Network at 408.290.1144 available 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- Social Services, Cal-Fresh, and Law Foundation of Silicon Valley are cancelled.
- Our dental mobile is temporary cancelled.
Shower and Laundry Services
- Dignity on Wheels continues to be onsite every Tuesday from 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM.
- Please visit Dignity on Wheels’ website by clicking here.
Tenant Housing Support
- Consults continue every 2nd Wednesday of every month
- If you are a tenant and have a question about your housing please call Eonis at 650.669.9551 to schedule an appointment.