Our community is amazing – truly. Over the last few months in particular, we have received numerous inquiries about donating food – a huge thank you to everyone who contributed food, gift cards and funding support. With modified hours for client food distributions during the pandemic, we recognize that it is not always convenient to drop off food donations during our business hours. If you do not need or want a receipt, our friends at Red Rock Coffee have set up a barrel to drop off non-perishable food donations for CSA when they are open every day. A winning combo of coffee, convenience and community support!
In October, CSA rolled out a program to bring groceries seven days a week to those diagnosed with COVID so they can safely quarantine at home and avoid spreading the virus. With the increase of COVID cases reported in our service area, we are especially grateful for donations of packaged and/or canned goods. The most needed items are listed below. Please note that while we normally emphasize access to fruits and vegetables, we are not able to accept them at this time due to COVID safety protocols.
The most needed items are:
- pop-top cans of prepared soups or bone broths
- pop-top cans of prepared meals such as chili, Chef Boyardee and Campbells
- pop-top cans of protein such as tuna, chicken and salmon
- low-sodium/no salt canned vegetables and canned fruits in juice
- low-sodium canned beans such as black beans, pinto beans and kidney beans
- low-sodium/no salt canned tomato products (diced or sauce)
- 16-oz packages of whole grains pasta and rice
- 14- to 18-oz packages of whole grain cereals with low or no sugar
- Travel size hand sanitizers and disinfectant wipes
We encourage those making a large donation – more than 3 to 4 grocery bags of non-perishables – to schedule a drop-off time so we can have staff in place to assist you with the delivery. Preferred times for food donations are Monday or Wednesdays, from 9:00 to noon or 1:30 to 4:00PM. Please contact us at (650) 968-0836 to schedule a contactless drop-off or to get additional information.